Saturday, September 27, 2008

Two challenge cards in one day!

I'm just loving the inspiration pieces that SmilynStef found for this week's Inspiration Challenge -- Domino Paint Palettes. I made a second card for this challenge using my Unity Sept KOM. This time, I chose Room 34.


This is not exactly a "wild riot of prints" that I used with the "controlled colour palette" of pale blue with oatmeal-ish brown, but I just loved the idea of making a linear border with the giggle grove image. The ribbon came about because I was concerned the card would be a little too plain for my confidence level to give to anybody, and the sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set that I use on just about every card I make, it seems like.

ETA: I'm sending this card to my brother for his birthday. :) He and his wife are in forestry, plus I like this card so much it is "family-worthy". :D Inside, I stamped a larger trio of trees image from this same stamp set and coloured them in in browns using my Prisma pencil crayons -- they look like a yummy chocolate forest!

Stamps: giggle grove of trees from Unity Stamps, sentiment from Hero Arts.

Paper: pale blue cardstock from Fiskars "Country" cardstock pack.

Other: brown organza ribbon by Offray.

2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I really love that sentiment and those great trees all in a row ... wonderful inspired masculine birthday card.

Alli Miles said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! The simplicity makes it so appealing. Great colour too (it's my fav). Thanks for stopping by my blog today.