Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pretty Priscilla from OBP

I managed to finish up that project I mentioned in my previous post! I can't wait to post it, but in the evening under compact flourescent bulbs is NOT the time to photograph something like that! Someday I'd love to replace my jury-rigged "photo tent" (a pop-up hamper or a file folder and my daylight lamp) with an actual photo tent with tungsten lamps, but that isn't in the cards (haha!) for the time being. So, seeing as I can't get a good pic of my latest completed project, I wanted to post some cards I made a few weeks back featuring Priscilla the cat from Odd Bird Planet (aka Just Johanna Stamps).

This great cat has such a fun personality, I just knew she could pull off any style or colour scheme she wanted. :) I wanted to challenge myself and use just one inkpad in my favourite pink, Worn Lipstick. The 3.5 small circles and the matted circle Priscilla is on are all popped up on foam dimensionals, and are aligned along a cheeky pink line I made the old-fashioned way with a pink pen and a ruler.

Stamps: Priscilla the cat from Odd Bird Planet, sentiment by Inkadinkado Brenda Walton sentiment set, dotty background by Judikins

Ink: Worn Lipstick Distress Ink by Ranger

Paper: white cardstock, scraps of pink and green papers from Basic Grey (sorry don't remember which packages!)

Tools: 5/8" circle punch, Coluzzle circle and companion circle templates for focal layer

Other: Prismacolor pencil crayons in chartreuse and apple green, pink Sakura gelly roll gel pen, sponge, foam dimensionals.

The design of this second card came about primarily from my desire to try making a scalloped-type edge using a series of punched circles. It's a fun enough effect, but a little too labour-intensive for me. I also wanted to try and make something interesting and fun from this generic purple cardstock I got from either Michaels or Walmart in a value pack that I've had for at least eight hundred years. I also managed to use, for the first time ever, this lovely lacy edge stamp!

Stamps: Priscilla the cat from Odd Bird Planet, circle medallion from Fontwerks medallion set, lacy border from Fontwerks border set.

Ink: Worn Lipstick Distress Ink by Ranger, Pixie Dust, Purple Hydrangea, and Spring Pansy Versamagic chalk inks

Paper: white cardstock by Domtar, purple generic value pack cardstock from my hoard, vellum for the punched circles

Other: satin ribbon by Anna Griffin, 5/8" circle punch, large corner rounder, Prismacolour pencil crayons

And finally, because I wasn't happy with the photos I posted before of my sparkly butterfly card, I tried again to take a pic that showed some of the sparkliness of it. The results still aren't stellar, but anyhoo..... if you click on the photo a bigger picture will load showing some sparkle.

So now I have two projects on my plate to finish up; the first and most time-pressing is the sour cream containers for the Hallowe'en candy we'll be giving out this year, and the second is a card kit I'm putting together for my mum. To tell the truth, my heart's not into making the sour cream containers this year, but they made such an impression on the kids last year. We will see what happens -- if I don't get them done tomorrow, then we will be handing out nekkid candy this year!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Oh, this cat stamp is adorable! I love the pink card, the layout and sparkle are marvelous! How did you do the sparkle on the sentiment? Is that the pink gel pen? It looks terrific, whatever it is!!