Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trust your instincts!

No pics to share tonight, just a quick post before I crawl off to bed. I did get some crafting accomplished -- finished off the remaining five of those Santa Collage cards so now I can clear off my table and move on to something else without any qualms. Some guilt-abating positives about those cards are:
  1. used some wedding program cardbases I HAD to have from Michaels over two years ago, and hadn't touched since.
  2. used a new stamp I'd had on my wishlist for a few years now, and within a week of acquiring said stamp :)
  3. realised how fabulous Aged Mahogany ink is and will use it more in the future
Anyways, none of that has much to do with instincts. I just wanted to share a reminder I experienced today to trust my instincts . I just this morning learned how to read and enter the results for a test at work. A couple of the cases had to be re-read later in the afternoon, and I took the initiative to read and record the results myself. I knew I did this exactly as I was trained, but a little voice in my head kept telling me to get the manager to double-check the result on one of the cases. The manager knew how I'd been trained and was confident in my performance, but I was so concerned that I brought the test itself to her asking her to please take a look. It turned out a detail I was unaware of made the test was invalid. I know this error would have been caught and corrected further down the quality control line, but I was very relieved to have had a hand in catching it myself. So never be afraid to:
  • listen to and acknowledge what your instincts are telling you
  • voice your concerns, even if it would make less waves to submit without a word
So tired! I hope you have a great day tomorrow!!!!

No comments: