Thursday, June 4, 2009

Warped words

I saw this phrase on a tshirt online, and instantly had this card idea. Finally got around to doing it last week, and here it is. :) It was a lot of fun, and a great "excuse" to use things I tend to hoard, like the large eyelets by ProvoCraft, and the silver metallic Bazzill cardstock.


After stamping the sentiment in black using a Studio G photopolymer alpha, I crumpled the silver cardstock by lightly misting the back of it with water and wadding it gently into a loose ball. After uncrumpling the paper, I added some strategic folds wherever I felt like to add more depth and visual interest to the light crumpled look. It didn't take long for the cardstock to dry; I might have hit it with my heat gun, but also might not have. Once it was dry, though, I rubbed Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink lightly over top the silver cs, mostly to highlight the fold lines. After that, I rubbed Tattered Rose Distress Ink a little more firmly over top to add some subtler "lowlights" (to borrow a term from hair colouring-ese). Sounds kinda nutso, but the pale pink tones work really well in this application; I've done it in the past with other projects and love the effect.

The silver cs is matted onto brown cs spritzed with Memories Mist in Espresso, then mounted onto some light grey Bazzill Smoothies cardstock that I stamped with some funky geometric shapes by Inkadinkado. I ran a black Brilliance dewdrop along the edges of the card layer to increase its visual weight; it really enhanced the look of the card, and helped balance the visual weight of the textured silver cs.

No comments: