Friday, September 26, 2008

Now an ATC nut :)

A card made from one of my ATC experiments. I'm so proud of it for several reasons:



  1. The ATC itself was an experiment with something I found (and bought five of) in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby -- Memories Mists by Stewart Superior! Uusually something like six bucks, got it for two and a little bit. I scooped the mists in Amaretto, Wheatgrass, Mango Lemonade, Strawberry Daiquiri, and Orange Juice. They are pigment-based, not dye-based like most other sprays I've heard about on the market, so they do cool things like resist water. These ultra-fine sprays are messy but that is easy to deal with (spray them in a box). I started out by spraying different colour combos on four or so full-sized sheets of white cardstock, and loved the vibrant results. I'm sure a trained professional on a closed course could mist circles around me, but I'm just thrilled with what I accomplished here just playing around.
  2. I actually used some ribbon I got from the dollar bin at Michaels! OMGosh!!
  3. I broke out my long-neglected Moonlight White Brilliance Ink to stamp my new Bo Bunny large, lacy image on the misted cardstock after I cut it down to 2.5 x 3.5 inches, and when I was looking through my paper stash the Pearl cardstock in Bazzill Bling's Black Tie pack worked out to be a perfect match (if I do say so myself) to the shimmery ink. Woo! Neglected ink + use of new stamp + use of hoarded paper = way to go Mel!
  4. I channeled my inner Frank Byalik (of Trading Spaces fame) and used my large stipple brush and Ranger Distress inks to create a perfectly-matching (again, with me saying this my own self) base layer on the Halcraft card base I used for the card.
Well, I am just beat; it's so not fair that just as I get relaxed and unwound enough from my day to be able to stamp, I'm also relaxed and unwound enough to grab forty winks. I think I'm fighting off a bit of a virus or something, too. Anyways, here are the deets on my astounding and impressive stamped creation. :D

Stamps: wiggly frame from the fairies set by Crafty Secrets, sending sunshine from a clear Hero Arts stamp set, swirly girly pattern on ATC by Bo Bunny.

Inks: Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink by Clearsnap, Moonlight White Brilliance ink by Tsukineko, Ranger Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, and a wee bit of Vintage Photo.

Paper: Pearl cardstock from Bazzill Bling Black Tie pack, white cardstock by Domtar, white card base by Halcraft.

Other: Ribbon from Michaels dollar bin, foam adhesive dimensional thingies.

No comments: