Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Those crazy-addictive Studio G clear stamp sets

I always have a hard time resisting those cheapie little dollar sets of clear stamps at Michaels. After all the time I've spent waiting for the store in town to get them in, and selecting which ones to buy once they finally DO come in, I've hardly used any of my Studio G sets! When I made this card, my crafting goals were to:
  • use those Studio G stamps!
  • create fun monochromatic images by using the same hues of ink and pencil crayon
I started off by stamping my Flourished card base by Martha Stewart in Swan using the large and small flower images from the daisy Studio G set to make a background. I added a little taxonomic and visual variety with a butterfly and dragonfly from Hero Arts' "Thoughtful Messages" clear stamp set. I coloured the images and added some grey shadowing using my Prismacolor pencil crayons (just straight colouring, no fancy odorless mineral spirits technique on this card).

Because the stamped images are all on the small side, I thought an ATC for the focal point would be the easiest way to go. I stamped a background of flowers on white cardstock (2.25" x 3.25") using a small flower from the Hero Arts set to create a background for the sentiment. I doodled a border on this layer to help draw the eye from the busy-ish card base to the focal point, then matted the white cardstock layer onto a scrap of Bazzill Bling shimmery pink cardstock that I'd stamped with the small flower in pink ink. After I added the fun ribbon, I adhered the ATC to the card base using foam dimensionals.

Stamps: Studio G daisy set, Hero Arts "Thoughtful Messages" set
Inks: Ranger Distress inks in Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, and Spiced Marmalade
Paper: card base from Martha Stewart, white cardstock, Bazzill Bling pink
Other: Prismacolor pencil crayons, ribbon, green pen, foam dimensionals

No comments: